Teach English in Thailand
from R14000 per person
Teach in Thailand
Teaching English in Thailand is an incredible experience for anyone looking to embrace a new culture, learn new skills, and make new friends, whilst allowing you to earn a good salary plus explore a diverse and beautiful part of the world. Immerse yourself in another culture, city and country. Meet new people, develop new skills, push yourself out your comfort zone and gain an experience you will find hard to forget!
Our placements are at local Thai schools where you will generally work normal school hours from Monday to Friday. All placements are for a minimum of 6 months & you will receive a competitive salary that you can live very comfortably off.
- Earn a competitive salary of R13,000 – R18,000 per month
- Thailand is a great place to start your English Teaching career
- Great lifestyle
- Experience the true Thai culture
- Warm weather all year round
- Opportunities to travel Thailand and the region
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills & add something eye-catching to your CV
Am I Eligible?
- Must be a native English speaker
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any field is required
- Valid Passport
- Clear Police Clearance
- 20+ years of age
- Further career & desire to experience a new country
> Go back to view all Work Abroad Programmes
Ready to Experience Thailand?
What is included?
- A dedicated WOLO Travel Careers Expert, that will assist you before, during and after your placement
- Guaranteed job placement and setup support in Thailand
- 5 Nights accommodation and airport pickup on arrival
- A 4 day group orientation program on arrival in Thailand which includes teacher training and cultural immersion information
- Assistance with your application and prep for your interview
- Visa and work permit assistance
- WOLO Travel Careers Club Membership - we create community amongst our teachers by organising social get-togethers, travel opportunities and support for future teacher placements
What can I expect?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare, and present instructional activities that facilitate an active learning experience for the students
- Create a curriculum and develop weekly lesson plans
- Creatively produce a variety of educational materials for in-class activities
- Check and mark student classwork, homework, exams, and other additional assignments that are required
- Responsibly manage student behaviour by establishing classroom guidelines
- Actively and enthusiastically participate in school related engagements
- Gain knowledge and skill through experience, and grow as an educator
- Support your students in a graceful and nurturing manner
- Recognize, appreciate, and respect the Thai way of life
- Make every day constructive, positive, and worthwhile
What money do I need?
- Program Cost: R12,000
- Return Air Ticket to Thailand: Budget between R8,000 & R10,000
- Visa Cost at Thai Embassy: R500
- Travel Insurance